Brick in the Wall Campaign
The support received from families for sport at Langley Park is consistently amazing, whether for our sportsmen and women or for our sport itself. It is therefore with some trepidation that I am writing to you to ask for more support as the sports department find themselves in a challenging situation. Below you will find details of a list of projects the School believes are essential for the continued development of sport at Langley Park School for Boys: projects which unfortunately fell outside the remit of the School rebuild. With the completion of these facilities this school will truly stand shoulder to shoulder with any school in the country in its sporting provision. These are:
- A three pitch grass cricket wicket on the Hub Four playing field (approximately £6K)
- An athletics ‘double lane run up with jumping pits’ (approximately £9K)
- A ‘ball stop’ system around the car park areas of the main rugby pitch that will allow the pitch to be used throughout the year for multi sports without risk to the surrounding vehicles. (approximately £10K)
- A lighting system for the route to and surround of the hockey all weather pitch (approximately £10K)
As a result I am proposing two ways for you to provide financial support; the ‘Brick in the Wall’ scheme and company sponsorship:
- A Brick in the Wall: for a one off payment of £50 you can purchase one of the bricks on the south side of the Sports Hall. This brick will have a plaque attached to it with your child’s name and the date of their attendance at LPSB (With the names of sports teams represented), or your company name. The bricks can be purchased using the squid system (details overleaf). These bricks will remain in place in perpetuity and will be a lasting reminder of your child’s contribution to Langley Park School for Boys.
- Company Sponsorship: for an annual investment of £500 a company advertising board (240cm x 80cm) will be attached to the south side of the sports hall. This will be clearly visible from Hawksbrook Lane. For the lesser sum of £200 per annum a company name/ logo will be included on a board (240cm x 120cm) that has multiple sponsors under the heading – ‘Langley Park Sport supported by …………………’. If companies wish to sponsor more than the suggested amounts then this would be most welcome.
If these ventures are successful I would hope to see our target of 35k reached within two years. With two different options available we would hope that all who have an interest in Langley Park Sport may feel that there is a way in which they can contribute. Below you will find a form to complete with the various options as appropriate to your choice
Ben Jones, Director of Sport