Senior Science Technician
We require for September 2020 a talented Senior Science Technician to lead and manage a team
of technicians and provide a comprehensive technician support service to staff and students
undertaking the Science curriculum.
Langley Park School for Boys is a large, over-subscribed, 11-18 school with a co-educational Sixth
Form. We consistently achieve high academic success with this summer both English and Maths
gaining over 80% Grades 4-9, and at A Level 75% of Grades were awarded at A*-C grades.
What we are looking for:
The successful candidates will:
- Lead an established team of technicians to ensure the smooth running of practical support for the teachers in the Science department.
- Will need to oversee the general running of the science teaching and preparation areas.
- Be able to direct and adjust the working patterns for the team as appropriate to meet fluctuations in workload and ensure cover for absent colleagues as required
- Have a broad knowledge of all science disciplines.
- Be able to manage departmental equipment and materials to ensure appropriate stock levels are maintained.
- Manage the Science department budget in collaboration with the Head of Science.
- Will need to ensure periodic and routine inspection and maintenance of departmental equipment and resources
- Need to have an awareness of CLEAPSS, Health and Safety guidelines
- Carry out routine maintenance work.
- Carry out some administration tasks e.g. ordering equipment and checking invoices.
What we have to offer you:
- £38M building with state of the art facilities.
- Committed and hardworking students.
- Ongoing professional development and training
- A friendly and supportive working environment
For an application pack please see below:
Please direct any questions to the Head of Science, Donna Mewis on email@example.com
Closing date: Wednesday 22nd April
Interviews: Week Commencing Monday 27th April